Thursday, June 08, 2006

Thistle Fluff Stuff

I was coming home from the leper colony when I noticed white fluffs drifting through the air. They were floating about and giving the general impression that the trees had dandruff. Below you will note several white specks coasting along. Always vigilant, I donned my force-field belt before setting foot outdoors. Now was the time to activate my force-field, typically used for protection during asteroid showers.


Upon further examination, I concluded that I was in the midst of a nuclear winter. If my life were a movie, the soundtrack would have chimed in with "Everyday Is Like Sunday." Certainly, this was something the Weather Channel could never have predicted. (Okay, that link wasn't to the Weather Channel. Tricked you. Thanks, Escape Goat--"Anchors Aweigh!")





I was pleased with the opportunity to create a magnificent snow sculpture, and molded Nessie's three-dimensional likeness weaving between gumdrops the size of doghouses. So pliable was this manna that I used it to fashion the entire Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club album cover right there on the sidewalk. With ease. Below you will note several feet of nightmarish pollen from hell. I could have been slinging Claritin on the corner like crack if I was in the right neighborhood. Whose neighborhood? The Weeping Demon's neighborhood, naturally.






But really, I'm not such a great photographer. I just liked this thistle fluff stuff, and wanted to immortalize it. I wish the Escape Goat would have been there to translate the scene with her masterful lens.

Check out the really great pic at the bottom that she took of a floral ensemble in pink. If you want to see more of her photos go the Escape Goat's photo blog; the Escape Goat has a vision, and a camera she stuffs in a fluffy sock.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If we were six inches tall, that jungle grass and fog-like fluff would be menacing, like a scene straight out of 'Nam. Or a fanciful fairyland at the North Pole.